Help us prevent cancer! Our goal for 2013 is $15,000.
Have fun and raise money for cancer prevention. (Why prevention?) We’ve made it easier than ever! Choose something that suits you and your lifestyle, then email friends and family, asking for their support in helping you raise money for cancer prevention. We provide the tools that make it easy for them to donate to your personal challenge. Feel free to come up with your own idea or choose from some of the following challenges that others have used in the last few years:
- Give up meat for 30 days
- Aim to turn off your cell phone every night for 10 days in a row
- Buy a headset for your cell phone and commit to using it for all calls
- Eat only organic produce for 1 month
- Clear out all harmful cleansers from your home
- Walk, cycle or run to work everyday for a week
- Give up your favourite “guilty pleasure” for a month – ice cream, chocolate, coffee, fried foods, etc.
- Grow an organic garden
- Commit to serious exercise for 2 months!
- Quit alcohol
- Quit cigarettes
Below are some more creative ideas to get you started but we REALLY like hearing about your own unique ideas. Feel free to send in any photos or videos of you and/or your event!!!
- Commit to 30 days of an exercise training program – Make sure you take before and after pics!
- Set a date, and on that day, rid your house of all cleaning products that contain carcinogens. You’ll be amazed at what you’ll find. This is a triple bonus fundraiser: get carcinogens out of your house, clean out underneath the sinks and storage closets, and raise money for cancer prevention while doing it. You can publish the list on your fundraising page and tell friends and family what you’ve found.
- Commit to something silly – ride a tricycle on a 1km route, tap dance on a busy street corner for 1 hour, play a bucket drum set in the name of cancer prevention, jump up and down on a trampoline for 2 hours. Extra points for creativity.
- On an announced date, run further than you’ve ever run before. This could be an incredibly long way or an incredibly short distance. Regardless, this is all about breaking your personal barriers and challenging yourself. Once you catch your breath, make sure you update your fundraising page and let us know how far you ACTUALLY ran.
- Learn a new activity in the name of cancer prevention! What better excuse to get out there and try something new – all in the name of a good cause. Learn to play the piano, pick up a clarinet or tuba! Build a kite or a model airplane – have fun while educating your friends and family on cancer prevention.
- Commit a date to climb the stairs of the tallest building in your area. Let’s hope you don’t live in Toronto!
- Fear of heights? Contact your local window cleaning company and tell them you are raising money for cancer by facing your fears. Volunteer to help clean windows with them for one day, all in the name of cancer prevention.
- Commit to participate in a local event – walkathon, running, mountain biking, kayaking, or hiking. Choose anything that is a healthy option and then have your friends and family support you by pledging.
- Write a blog. Everyone’s thought about starting a blog – do a post a day for one month as your fundraising challenge. The blog doesn’t even have to be about cancer prevention. Tell your friends you are doing this to raise money and awareness for cancer prevention.
- Have your friends over for dinner – set a minimum “donation” to attend. Offer them a whole foods meal.
- Host a “Girl’s Night” at your place – offer manicures and all natural facials – avocados, chocolate, mud, and cucumbers? This is a beautiful way to raise money for cancer prevention.
- If you are already involved in a club or group, ask them if a portion of the proceeds from the next event can go to Prevent Cancer Now. You can create a fundraising page for the event and your existing event can raise money.
Pick something that you’ve always wanted to try… this is your motivation! Have fun and write about your experiences on your provided fundraising page! Cancer Prevention Challenge is the perfect excuse to achieve your personal goals AND raise money for a great cause.