The Women’s Healthy Environments Network is seeking an individual to support fundraising and expand our reach!
The Women’s Healthy Environments Network (WHEN) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as volunteer Fundraising & Grant Coordinator. WHEN is currently in a pivotal moment: we’re focussed on the future and have big plans to challenge the status quo and make waves in the environmental and women’s health space.
Since 1994, WHEN has been educating the general public, media and policy makers that environmental health is a key determinant of public health, and has promoted public action for the prevention of environmental health harms.
Key responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with developing fundraising plan in support of WHEN programming and other initiatives
- Communicate professionally with Board Directors, other volunteers, and members of the community via email, in person or on the phone
- Thinking strategically, tactically and operationally to ensure effective fundraising, primarily through grant writing
- Be a contributing member on sub-committees to carry out tasks set by the Board of Directors
- Volunteering 10-12 hours per month in the role, including frequent email communication
- Committing to a one-year term
- One year experience working in a fundraising capacity, preference will be given to applicants with grant-writing experience
- Interested in environmental health issues
- Organized with high attention to detail
- Professional and accurate written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Collaborative, confident leader with excellent multitasking skills
How to apply:
Applicants interested in the volunteer position of Fundraising & Grant Coordinator should submit to the address below (email is preferred), in one document, a recent resume and a cover letter detailing previous experience and qualifications. Rolling applications until January 30, 2017.
Office Contact Information:
215 Spadina Avenue, 4th floor, Toronto, ON M5T 2C7
Phone: (416) 928-0880 / Fax: (416) 644-0116 (clearly labeled with WHEN’s name)