Do you have a passion for website design and marketing? Are you interested in environmental and health issues?
WHEN offers challenging volunteer positions to inspire and share stories of change to the community! We are seeking creative, flexible, reliable individuals with excellent communication skills who can assist with the website development needs of WHEN. We use WordPress primarily and basic training could be provided.
The positions will support organization-wide efforts to establish a strong brand and provide an effective platform for WHEN’s educational efforts and activities.
Estimated Commitment: 2 – 5 hours / week
Engagement: 6 months
- Create and update web pages on WordPress
- Support content update on the WHEN website, including writing blog posts, updating Events and other sections
- Must have reliable computer access and Internet connection
- Provide troubleshooting assistance to Board Members, make recommendations to site changes as needed
- Assist in building and nurturing WHEN’s online communities and partnerships
- Track website statistics through Google Analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience designing and maintaining websites based on WordPress
- Creativity with graphic user interface, experience using Google Analytics
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator) is preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity of social media marketing terms and strategy is an asset
Preferred Start Date: THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY FILLED
Please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.