Volunteer Marketing Coordinator Since 1994, The Women’s Healthy Environments Network (WHEN) has been educating the general public, media and policy makers that environmental health is a key determinant of public health, and has promoted public action for the prevention of environmental health harms. Currently, we are looking for an individual to fill the Volunteer Marketing Coordinator position. The successful and tech-savvy candidate will develop and implement a full scope communication and marketing strategy, which encompasses internal and external communications, brand identity, cause-related marketing and public awareness of organization’s programs and services.
Key responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
● Coordinating of design, production, and distribution of marketing materials through social media, Meetup Group, advertisements and email marketing ● Liaising with the Executive Director to create and implement marketing programs ● Creating content and maintaining the event website ● Volunteering 10-12 hours per month in the role, including frequent email communication ● Committing to a 1-year term with the possibility of joining the leadership team
● Comfortable representing WHEN’s mission and values ● Significant knowledge of environmental health issues ● Strong proofreading and editing skills ● Experience with Marketing Copy ● Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision ● Collaborative individual with excellent organizational and problem solving skills
How to apply: Applicants interested in the volunteer Marketing Coordinator should submit to the address below (email is preferred), in one document, a recent resume and a cover letter detailing previous experience and qualifications no later than 5:00pm EST on February 24th, 2016.
Volunteer Event Coordinator
The Women’s Healthy Environments Network (WHEN) is looking for a Volunteer Event Coordinator to be part of our exciting new initiative. WHEN is currently in a pivotal moment; we’re challenging status quo, and preparing to make waves in the environmental and women’s health space. Since 1994, WHEN has been educating the general public, media and policy makers that environmental health is a key determinant of public health, and has promoted public action for the prevention of environmental health harms. Since 1994, WHEN has been educating the general public, media and policy makers that environmental health is a key determinant of public health, and has promoted public action for the prevention of environmental health harms.
Key responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
● Organize live events under the guidance of the Executive Director ● Communicate professionally with speakers, patrons, and members of the community via email, in person or on the phone ● Managing functions and running errands related to event preparation ● Thinking strategically, tactically and operationally to ensure effective on-site execution ● Be part of sub-committees to carry out tasks set by the Board of Directors ● Volunteering 10-12 hours per month in the role, including frequent email communication ● Committing to a one-year term
● One year experience working in an event based environment ● Interested in environmental health issues ● Organized with high attention to detail ● Professional and accurate written and verbal communication skills ● Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision ● Collaborative, confident leader with excellent multitasking skills
How to apply: Applicants interested in the volunteer position of Event Coordinator should submit to the address below (email is preferred), in one document, a recent resume and a cover letter detailing previous experience and qualifications. Rolling applications up to 5:00pm EST on Wednesday, February 24, 2016.
Call for Volunteer Graphic designer
Do you have experience in Graphic design? Do you want to expand your portfolio to help a worthwhile cause? WHEN is looking for a Graphic designer to join our team who can create design solutions with high visual impact for our online publications.
Purpose and Scope: Executes conceptual and layout design for art work and copy to be published in WHEN’s inaugural the e-Zine publication
- Comfortable using graphic design software and photo-editing software
- Familiarity with photography, updating web content using content management system and video editing is preferable
- Creative and innovative and ability to present ideas and communicate
- Review illustrative material and discuss the objectives of the publication with Project leader and Editorial chief
- Determine color, size and arrangement of text and content, select style and size of material and arrange layout based upon available space and aesthetic design concepts.
- Develop creative ideas and design concepts to meet the objectives of WHEN and the concept of Ezine
- Use artistic/graphic design skills to create an attractive, captivating online publication
- Conduct research to select suitable illustrative material, formulate layout design concept and present final layout to Assistant Editor and Editor-in-Chief for approval.
- Select the artwork, illustrations, and photos that go with each story and articles of the publication
- Create template, adjust photos and graphics, develop an initial mock-up of Ezine, including colour, scheme, font etc. and finalize the publication
Starting time: As soon as possible
Hours of work: The whole project: 10-15 hours of design, depending on experience.
Social Media Volunteers
- Identify key online channels for WHEN to establish the presence
- Research and prepare tweets, facebook posts, content for videos etc. and post regularly to WHEN’s social media outlets by coordinating with Project Lead
- Increasing the number of people following our posts on our website and on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Monitor activity and user interactions for all social media outlets, track the progress and record the popular content
- Contact Authors (writers) of articles to make necessary revision, verify the information and send thank you letters
- Increase WHEN’s visibility by posting regular updates about WHEN’s activities and events
- Collaborate with the Marketing Project lead to ensure appropriate testing and outreach to ‘hubs’ of target market (those who do not know about environmental health issues).
- Create bitly links for WHEN”s project in online publication, to increase number of website visitors
- Experience using key social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest)
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to use online tools to engage members, donors and partners
- Research skills to
- Works well independently and as part of a team
Hours of work: 5hrs/week for 8 weeks
- Research new eco-businesses, find their contact information and update partner’s spreadsheet
- Execute the sponsorship strategy to gain sponsors for the WHEN’s online publication
- Communicate with Eco-business through phone calls and emails and build network with potential sponsors and donors
- Schedule appointment and visit different eco-business to talk about Ezine publication and Cancer Prevention Challenge
- Research on physical and digital ‘hubs’ of people that do not know much about environmental health issues: hashtags, videos, youtube channels, twitter, facebook, in-person groups and create a simple way to bring the information to these groups. Collaborate with Social Media volunteer to create & execute marketing strategy.
- Communicate about our project and its effectiveness, discuss the partnership opportunities and seek sponsorship possibilities with eco-businesses and their network
- Assist with preparing facebook posts, tweets and other materials promoting WHEN’s vision and mission
- Some experience of marketing and social media, either through education or working experience
- Excellent communicator with an ability to communicate effectively
- Has an interest in environmental health issues and sustainability
- Knowledge and comfort with social media outlets
Hours of work: 5hrs/week for 12 weeks
Send us your resume and/or portfolio and why you want to get involved: email@example.com
Office Contact Information: 215 Spadina Avenue, 4th floor, Toronto, ON M5T 2C7 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (416) 644-0116 (clearly label with WHEN’s name) Phone: (416) 928-0880