The Women’s Healthy Environments Network is seeking an individual to build strong programming and expand our reach!
The Women’s Healthy Environments Network (WHEN) is looking for a strategic board member to be part of our volunteer Board of Directors. WHEN is currently in a pivotal moment: we’re focused on the future and have big plans to challenge the status quo and make waves in the environmental and women’s health space. Recently WHEN was the proud recipient of a United Nations Sustainable Development Goals Recognition Award recognising us for our outstanding efforts in helping advance action towards the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Since 1994, WHEN has been educating the general public, media and policy makers on how environmental health is a key determinant of public health, and has promoted public action for the prevention of environmental health harms. The successful candidate(s) will provide support and organizational leadership to the Board in the areas of administration, corporate governance and the strategic development of new projects, with an emphasis on grants and funding. This is a voting position, with the central task of sharing in the effective implementation of Board decisions.
Key responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Thinking strategically, tactically and operationally to serve as a lead in the effective development of fundraising initiatives and new programming
- Working in tandem with the volunteer Grant Coordinator
- Participating as a volunteer Board Director to support strategic and financial governance to the organization
- Contributing actively to program development and execution
- Attending Board meetings and participating on Board sub-committees (each one evening per month at the Centre for Social Innovation at Queen and Spadina)
- Volunteering 10-12 hours per month in the role (in-person meetings inclusive), including frequent email communication
- Committing to a two-year term
- Previous board experience is a must
- Previous grant-writing and/or fundraising experience is preferred
- Knowledge of or interest in environmental health issues
- Corporate governance and strategic planning ability an asset
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Collaborative, confident leader with excellent organizational, facilitation and problem solving skills
Please apply by 5:00pm EST on Friday, December 15, 2017.
To apply, please follow these two steps:
Step 1) Survey
Step 2) Email:
Applicants interested in the volunteer position of Board Director should submit a recent resume to: email@example.com
Office Contact Information:
WHEN Women's Healthy Environments Network
215 Spadina Avenue, 4th floor, Toronto, ON M5T 2C7
Phone: (416) 928-0880